'I love this book. Every college and university should have this book, in numbers, in their libraries, bookstores, and career centres. Every school guidance counsellor should have one. And every parent should purchase a copy for their child as a precious gift on the day of graduation. I have just ordered two copies for my two children who plan to graduate next year.' Professor Jonathan Jansen, Vice-Chancellor University of the Free State
Are you in your first job?
Are you trying to find your first job?
Are you stressing about entering the workplace?
Are your parents stressing about you finding your first job?
Shelagh Foster has seen so many people just like you, battling to get ahead once they’ve finished matric, college or university. This is a daunting time, but you don’t need to go it alone – let Shelagh guide you through the do’s and don’ts of entering the workplace.
This survival guide will give you answers to your workplace questions, and to questions you didn’t even know to ask!
- - Write the email that gets you an internship interview
- - Make a great impression in an interview
- - Crack the unwritten codes of office culture
- - Know how your body language impacts on your colleagues’ impressions of your performance
- - Win respect in written and spoken communication
- - Be professional, no matter how humble your role might be
- - Interpret the office dress code …
Shelagh will show you the ropes and set you on the road to career success.